Safeguarding for our school is managed through SWECET (South West Essex Community Education Trust).
At our school our Safeguarding leads are:
Designated Safeguarding Lead:
Ms J Fisher
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads:
Mr J Lloyd
Mrs C Pumfrey
Mrs E Summerhayes
At Stifford Clays Primary School the safety of your child is central to everything we do. We take safeguarding very seriously and work closely with our colleagues in Social Care and support agencies such as troubled families. Our strident approach to ensuring good attendance is part of our commitment to safeguarding and ensuring the best for your child. We make sure that your children are safe in school but also teach them how to stay safe outside of school and make good choices in the future.
Examples of how we do this include:
- E Safety is part of our everyday work
- Road Safety
- Workshops with the NHS, smoking, drugs
- Sex and Relationships education
- Anti-bullying awareness
- Making sure your child knows where to go for help
- Firework safety from the Fire Brigade
All of the schools in the SWECET Trust will be participating in a pilot project called Operation Encompass. It is a unique Police and Education early intervention safeguarding partnership which ensures that a child’s school is informed, prior to the start of the next school day, that there has been an incident of Domestic Abuse to which the child or young person has been exposed.
This knowledge will enable us to:
· Offer support dependent upon the needs and wishes of the child.
· To make the child’s day better and make their tomorrow better.